female health matters

Personal stories about female health matters.

November 13, 2012

disgusted by breast-feeding?

Breast-feeding moms are often confronted by weirdos when they are discretely feeding their babies in public places – a shopping mall, a restaurant, a medical or dental practice or a government building – and these weirdos are not always men. Often the most vociferous complaints about public breast-feeding come from women, and Steffi is one of them – but it’s not just breast-feeding that disgusts her, she’s just one of those ‘perfect’ people who are disgusted by everything human about human beings.

“It is cruel, I know, to be disgusted by something in others that is not their fault -- such as how they look -- or activities like breastfeeding which are natural,” admits Steffi, “but I cannot help myself for feeling that way.”

“I have a thing about babies, I cannot imagine myself ever having one myself,” says Steffi, “and the sight a woman breastfeeding her baby in public really and truly disgusts me.”

“It’s a private activity – like sex and sanitation,” says Steffi. “I understand that the baby is feeding, but this is one type of feeding that should never, ever be done in public.”

“I know that many women are forced to breastfeed away from home because their baby is crying – and a crying baby annoys the hell out of me, too,” says Steffi, “but can’t they find a rest room somewhere to do it?”

“It is so rude of these women to subject the rest of us to the unwanted sight of their bare breasts with a baby suckling,” says Steffi. “Sure, I turn away when I’m confronted with this sort of thing – I don’t have to look – but with more and more women blatantly asserting their human right to breastfeed in public it is going to become very difficult to avoid them.”

Read more by Steffi on this issue:


  • perfect tolerance



  • disgusted by foreign people?



  • disgusted by fat people?



  • overcoming disgust of different people



  • disgusted by older workers!



  • perfect tolerance of smokers





  • Copyright 2006-2014 all rights reserved Female Health Matters