female health matters

Personal stories about female health matters.

September 06, 2012

fat red tape

Clothilde is a successful self-employed florist – and a lover of food – and she was horrified to read that legislation is proposed to prohibit restaurants and food establishments from serving food to obese customers. What next? Legislation to prohibit the sale of daffodils?

"As a self-employed florist I am already snowed under with government red-tape," says Clothilde. "If I were running an eating establishment I'd baulk at this gross invasion of my rights to run my business as I see fit.”

“Hey, independence and freedom from a dictatorial slave-driver is why we go into business for ourselves in the first place, right?"

"It's obnoxious that a government can tell business owners who they can and cannot serve on the basis of their physical size or appearance," says Clothilde. "Sure, you don't sell alcohol and tobacco to minors, but food? Come on!"

"I'm so glad I never went into business selling tobacco, alcohol or food – and I sincerely hope nobody has a grudge against flowers otherwise I'll be next," says Clothilde. "But that's not the point, is it?”

“Business owners should not have to face changing goal-posts. How can you build a business plan when some jerk in government can ruin your livelihood with the stroke of a pen?"

"This proposed fat law, and how it is coming about, is so like the smoking bans that it makes me feel guilty for not supporting my smoking friends –and the bar owners – when they were being targeted," sighs Clothilde. “It’s too late to help the tobacconists and bar owners who were forced out of business, but we need to be on guard 24/7 against the Health Nazis coming after our businesses, too.”

"Hey guys, come anywhere near me and I’ll give you a daffodil to shove where the sun don't shine."

Read more of Clothilde's story:


  • pharma pushed fat laws
  • menopausal fighter
  • Health Nazis
  • Land of the free?
  • independence vs nanny states








  • Copyright 2006-2014 all rights reserved Female Health Matters