female health matters

Personal stories about female health matters.

November 01, 2006

stress eating

Margaret is single empty nester, 51, who threw herself into being a success at work when her daughter left home. She thought it was really odd that she developed headaches and started eating twice as much when Mike joined her department at work.

"He was such a nice guy," explains Margaret. "All became clear when I got laid off and he got my job."

"He had been angling for my job all along, but I was too blinded by his apparent niceness to see the connection between him and the headaches."

She will never discount her intuition again, or numb her headaches with painkillers. Those headaches were telling her something she needed to pay attention to.

Margaret's job wasn't fantastic, but it was better than Mike's, so she should have intuited that he coveted it.

The first thing we all need to do in order to guard ourselves against manipulators like Mike is to take stock of our assets and take steps to value them and protect them.

Margaret’s self-esteem was low due to obesity.

"I didn't feel good about myself because I was overweight," explains Margaret, "and because I didn't feel good about myself I was unable to see my job as being of any importance to anybody."

The first thing she learnt as a result of being manipulated out of her job was to become more aware of her worth and assets and more assertive in guarding them.

"Self-esteem is a vital asset," advises Margaret, "so I've been building it up every day. It's no great secret that high self-esteem women rarely if ever get screwed."

Margaret has used her between-job period to good use. She's paying attention to her health, particularly her weight.

"The second thing I've been doing," explains Margaret, "is honing my intuition and learning body language. Not only does the behavior of screwers offer clues, but ours as well."

Paying attention to her obesity and doing something about it is a good way to concentrate on body language.

Margaret believes that our behavior is something we have a responsibility to monitor at all times. We must learn to trust our intuition.

"No matter how much it conflicts with logic - or whatever other people are telling you - if your intuition is giving you the feeling that something is wrong and your behavior is becoming erratic as a result of the conflict between thoughts and feelings," says Margaret, "stop whatever you're doing and listen to your inner voice. It's a survival skill that's there for a very good purpose. Use it. Never, ever suppress it or deny it like I did."

Margaret says that we all have an erratic behavior pattern that's activated when our intuition is telling us that something is wrong about a seemingly normal situation or a seemingly normal person.

Do you start blinking? Twitching? Stammering? Or do you go cold? Develop a headache? Get butterflies or a knot in the stomach? Or do you just 'go funny'?

"I certainly never discounted hunger, thirst, tiredness or terror," says Margaret, "but it is amazing how many women like me can discount their intuition."

"That's just another reason why screwers like Mike can screw us so easily," explains Margaret. "They know that fat women - especially older fat women - have low self-esteem and that all women, fat or not, have been conditioned to discount intuition with rationalization."

"Losing weight and getting in tune with my intuition has certainly changed my life," smiles Margaret. "The next job I get is going to be much better than the one Mike took."

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Copyright 2006-2014 all rights reserved Female Health Matters